Introducing Traffic Class 2 (TC2) – Designed for business grade data services
We offer three wholesale traffic classes to service providers (TC1, TC2 and TC4), which they use to create products to sell directly to you.# Each traffic class has a different primary purpose;
TC2 is designed to provide access to high performance data for applications and services that require consistent, predictable download and upload speed requirements – including video conferencing, network traffic over virtual private network (VPN), e-commerce and business-critical cloud services. TC2 has been designed to provide access to the following features:
- A Committed Information Rate (CIR) at a wholesale level – designed to help make performance for your data services consistent.
- Symmetrical wholesale download and upload speeds – designed to help make interactive applications like video conferencing seamless.*
- Defined latency, jitter and loss characteristics – as listed in the Wholesale Broadband Agreement (WBA) helping enable a better business grade service.
Traffic Class 1 (TC1) is designed for voice (specifically for Voice over Internet Protocol [VoIP] services), while Traffic Class 4 (TC4) is designed for general internet data (including residential-grade internet).*
What kind of applications and services need TC2?
The more important the application or service is to your business, the more appropriate a plan based on TC2 could be. Consider a plan based on TC2 for real-time interactive applications like video conferencing, as well as applications central to the customer experience like e-commerce transactions.*
- Broadcast TV and IPTV
- Business-critical cloud services, including Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Data back-up
- Software as a Service applications
- Live audio and video streaming
- Real-time data recovery
- Security data transmission – including VoIP services
- Video conferencing
- Video surveillance
- Video on demand
- VPN access