nbn’s top five tips to get fast internet when moving home
As the Australian property market continues to boom, nbn is sharing five simple tips for renters and buyers to give them the best chance of getting fast internet# when moving home.
- Check if the nbn™ network is available at your new home and what wholesale speed internet plans are available: https://www.nbnco.com.au/check-your-address
- Find an internet provider that offers a plan to suit your needs at your new home.
- Review and choose a wholesale speed plan that might suit your needs. Consider how many devices you need to connect, and what your connection might be used for.
- Tell your service provider at your current address that you are moving home. If you are continuing your service with them, they can assist with the disconnection process and help set your internet up in your new home.
- Leave the nbn™ supplied equipment at your old premises.
nbn™ Consumer Experience Expert, Jane McNamara said:
“nbn helps deliver essential broadband access to more than 8.4 million premises in Australia. Much like you ring ahead to ensure your electricity and water are running in time for when you move in, we encourage customers to do the same for their internet.
“Customers can check if the nbn™ network is available at the property on nbn’s website, or by contacting their chosen internet provider.”
“The things to consider when choosing your internet plan could depend on how many devices you need to connect at the same time, and the types of services you want to connect to. An internet provider can help make recommendations on which plan would suit a customer’s needs and ways to optimise their set up.
“Internet retailers can help with disconnecting their previous service at their former home, and assist with getting them connected to an internet service at their new place.”
- I’ve checked that my new address can connect to the nbn™ network.
- I’ve checked what nbn™ supplied equipment is available at my new address.
- I’ve chosen a speed and internet plan via my preferred phone and internet provider that best suits my needs.
- I’ve contacted my preferred phone and internet provider to book my move.
- I’ve checked with my equipment providers whether services such as security, medical and fire alarms, will work on my chosen nbn™ powered plan.
- I’ve notified my phone and internet provider of when I’d like to disconnect the service at my old address. I understand that my existing services, including any medical alarms, may not work and I have a charged mobile phone on hand in case of an emergency.
- I’ve left any nbn™ supplied equipment at my old address.
- I’ve made arrangements to be at home for the installation (if required).